Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Google Earth

If you have never experienced Google Earth and maps I’d like to bring it to you attention. Look up almost anyplace on the earth that’s got paved roads and zoom all the way in. You will find yourself in a virtual picture of where in the world you are at.

It’s raining, I have a bulb out on a marker light on the camper. By the way my new lights and window seal came in. So I’m killing time surfing Google Earth.

It’s like taking a mini-vacation to some far off place you’ve only heard of. I was reading a post on RV net and this person was talking about their 6 months traveling around Mexico in a truck camper. They had posted 2 photos but no more. I quick mapped where they had been and spent the last hour lost in space, following the roads through the Mexican countryside. Now it has me wanting to learn Spanish and get a passport. This little adventure started out at “Hotel Play De Cortes” a great little spot on a bay. I can’t help wonder if the cost of living is actually that much cheaper, this area in particular has some nice homes.

We would love to spend some serious time in Florida in the future. I have spent hours cruising the mapped roads up and down the Keys scoping out the RV parks and sites.

If you have some time to kill and want to take a mini-trip without leaving your easy chair, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment